We are seeking a full-time Senior Tax Manager with experience in estate and trust taxes. We offer a hybrid work environment and you can choose to work from our Chandler or Scottsdale office.
Your role will involve enhancing and strengthening the tax team with a strong emphasis on providing estate and trust tax planning. Through comprehensive tax planning and consulting, you will assist existing and new clients with evaluating and determining ways to protect their financial futures.
As a Senior Tax Manager, you will play an important role with mentoring, training, and developing staff, seniors, and supervisors.
You will have opportunities to:
- Assist with wealth preservation, estate and gift tax planning, retirement plan distributions, charitable giving techniques, gifting limitations, transfer tax equivalent credits, generational skipping-transfers, split gifting, spousal trusts, and education and medical gifting.
- Review and sign tax returns, and manage projects associated with individuals, partnerships, and S corporations.
- Provide tax planning and consulting to individuals and businesses.
- Tax planning and preparation of fiduciary income tax returns.
- Research and manage complex tax matters.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff, seniors, and supervisors.
- Act as a technical resource and mentor.
- Build and develop new business.
- Maintain and nurture existing client relationships.
- Develop and network with referral sources.
- Consult with clients gathering information, resolving problems, and recommending solutions.
- 10+ years of tax experience in public accounting.
- Hold a CPA license.
- 4 year accounting or finance degree.
- Management experience in public accounting firm.
- Ability to work as part of a client service team with staff, managers, and partners.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within deadline constraints.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, trustworthiness, and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, email your resume and let us know you are interested in this position.
Wallace Plese + Dreher offers competitive compensation and benefits.