Wallace Plese + Dreher (WP+D), with offices in Chandler and Scottsdale, Arizona, is seeking a full-time Senior Tax Manager. We offer a family-friendly, flexible work environment with competitive pay and benefits. Our hybrid workplace gives you a choice to work from either Chandler or Scottsdale.
As a recipient of national, regional, and Arizona recognitions, our people and clients have helped us achieve many awards, including:
- Arizona Top Workplace 2021-2023;
- Accounting Today 2023 Regional Leaders, Southwest Region;
- No. 1 Accounting Firm by Ranking Arizona for multiple years; and
- 2021 Forbes America’s Best Tax and Accounting Firms.
Your role as a Senior Tax Manager will involve collaborating with partners in enhancing and strengthening the tax team. Additionally, you will have opportunities to participate in various management committees.
- Reviewing and signing tax returns, and managing projects associated with individuals, partnerships, and S corporations.
- Providing tax planning and consulting to individuals and businesses.
- Tax planning and preparation of fiduciary income tax returns.
- Researching and managing complex tax matters.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring staff, seniors, and supervisors.
- Serving as a technical resource and mentor.
- Building and developing new business.
- Maintaining and nurturing existing client relationships.
- Developing and networking with referral sources.
- Staying current on professional reading of tax, accounting and general business communications.
- Working with staff, managers, and partners to serve clients as a team.
- Consulting with clients in gathering information, resolving problems, and recommending solutions.
- 10+ years of tax experience in public accounting.
- 4 year accounting or finance degree.
- Management experience in public accounting firm.
- Ability to work as part of a client service team with staff, managers, and partners.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within deadline constraints.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity, trustworthiness, and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, email your resume and let us know you are interested in this position.