We are seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist to join our rapidly growing Client Accounting Services team and to work in our Chandler or Scottsdale office.
Your role will involve client interaction in a variety of industries. You will help clients keep accurate records in accounts payable and accounts receivable, ensure invoices are paid when necessary, and assist clients with paying invoices as required.
This job opportunity offers continuous learning and career development and, at the same time, helps businesses operate more effectively and efficiently.
As an Accounting Specialist, you will provide the following services to our clients:
- Daily transaction processing for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Performing monthly bank, credit card, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review financial information and documents quarterly and annually.
- Amortize and reconcile loans and interest expense.
- Recognize and record capital assets from general expenses; recording fixed assets and depreciation.
- Assist in processing forms 1099 for the end of the year.
- Diagnose, resolve, and support accounting software integration tools.
- Work to develop efficiencies and automation, where recognized.
- Advanced skill set in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Versatile learner that will support and maintain a thorough working knowledge of cloud-based tech stack (Bill.com, QuickBooks Online, Sage Intacct).
- Travel to clients in Chandler, Scottsdale, and throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, if necessary.
- QuickBooks Desktop and Online experience.
- 1-3 years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or Associates Degree and Accounting Certificate.
- Prior experience in a CPA firm is a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within deadline constraints.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness, combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, email your resume with a reference to this position.
Wallace Plese + Dreher offers competitive compensation and benefits.