We are seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist to work with our tax team. We offer a hybrid work environment and you can choose to work from our Chandler or Scottsdale office.
Your role will involve client engagement in a variety of industries, assisting clients with keeping accurate financial records, and helping businesses operate effectively and efficiently.
This career opportunity offers continuous learning and professional development. Our accounting specialists are business-oriented professionals that work side-by-side with other accountants and CPAs.
As an Accounting Specialist, you will provide the following services to our clients:
- Customized bookkeeping.
- Prepare individual, corporate, and partnership income tax returns.
- Analyze payroll reports and reconcile financials.
- Monthly bank, credit card, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review of financial information and documents quarterly and annually.
- Amortize and reconcile loans and interest expense.
- Recognize and record capital assets from general expenses; recording fixed assets and depreciation.
- Assist in processing forms 1099 for the end of the year.
- Work to develop efficiencies and automation, where recognized.
- 2 or more years of accounting and tax experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Client travel in Chandler, Scottsdale, and throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, if necessary.
- Experienced in QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, or Associates Degree and Accounting Certificate.
- Prior experience in a CPA firm is a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within deadline constraints.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness, combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
If this sounds like you, email your resume with a reference to this position.
Wallace Plese + Dreher offers competitive compensation and benefits.